The Songam Cultural Foundation (Lee Hoerim, foundation chairman) built the Songam Art Gallery with all its relics and real-estate. In 2005, this gallery was donated to Incheon Metropolitan City. The Songam Art Gallery has a beautiful landscape with an outdoor museum on its 4000 pyeong (or 13,200㎡) grounds. Its building, which has two floors and a basement, displays 8,450 traditional art pieces.
Several places, including the main building of the Songam Art Gallery, which reopened in January of 2006, are currently undergoing a renovation in commemoration of the donor's will. Furthermore, the renovation is being done in order to acquire a better interior and exterior, making this place highly suitable as a public museum.
How to Visit
- Use intra city bus no. 6, 16, or 46 at Dong-Incheon Station (East Incheon Station), get off at Songdo High School, and walk 500m towards the sea.
- Take a ride at any of buses no. 105, 110, 112., Get off at Songdo High School, and walk 500m towards the sea.
- Use village bus no. 521 at Dong-Incheon Station, get off at the OBS (O Broadcasting System) building, and walk 400m along the road behind the retention reservoir.
- Ride an intra city bus or a village bus at Dong-Incheon Station
- Turn left at the end of Gyeongin Expressway, drive directly toward the OBS (O Broadcasting System) building,, turn left and continue.
- Turn left (U-turn) at the end of the 2nd Gyeongin Expressway, drive 1.5km directly towards Songdo until you reach the OBS (O Broadcasting System) building, turn left and continue.
Other tourist destinations around Songam Art Gallery
- Incheon Metropolitan City Museum, the Memorial Hall for Incheon Landing Operation, Gachon Museum